Re: [linux-audio-user] midi troubles

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] midi troubles
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 20:59:17 EET

lördagen den 3 januari 2004 19.06 skrev M00ike_AT_aol.com:
> I have the same sound chip as yourself. I can't seem to get jack
> to start. I have not goteen as far as yourself but I will be there
> shortly configuring midi. Can you please send me your start command for
> jack. this is what I'm using and I'm getting xrum values od 6.0 msec
>
> jackd -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -H -p64

If your system isn't tuned _absolutely_ right, you will never get it to work
at -p64.
Personally I think it's way overkill to use 64 bytes buffers. Most oftenly I
use 512 without having much trouble. Lower than 256 would probably be beyond
my recognition limit.

You must also add -R to run jack in realtime mode, otherwise it won't be
stable even at -p512.

/Robert