Re: [linux-audio-user] loop creation under Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] loop creation under Linux
From: rossen (rossen_AT_protein.osaka-u.ac.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 10:06:29 EET

derek holzer wrote:

> OK...drifting back on topic [slowly....]
>
> noname wrote:
>
>> I came across some posts about gdam when I was looking for a Linux
>> alternative to Ableton's Live. Some of the posts talked about time
>> stretching, but I can't remember if gdam has time stretching
>> capabilities or not. Website: http://gdam.ffem.org/
>

> Gdam [if you can get it running stable... currently it is totally broken
> under Gentoo] has a very nice DJ-style "pitch control" for modifying
> playback speeds. But it still alters pitch, so it is not technically
> time-stretching.

i was very excited about gdam when i saw it
for the first time, and i'm very sorry that development
seems to be dead. i somehow managed to get it compiled under Gentoo,
but the ebuild was very hackish and i didn't feel like submitting it to
gentoo-bugzilla.
i remember there were some problems with the dependencies mainly.
haven't used it ever since but
if someone is interested i can dig it out and send by mail

rossen