Re: [linux-audio-user] yamaha rp-u200 usb-audio and jack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] yamaha rp-u200 usb-audio and jack
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 16:10:58 EET

jaap wrote:
> Le Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:26:27AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch a écrit...
> > Please post the output of "lsusb -v" and the kernel panic to the
> > alsa-devel list.
>
> I don't have lsusb.Is it allright if I put everything from
> /proc/bus/usb in my "report".

It would be possible to include a hexdump from files like
/proc/bus/ubs/001/001, but lsusb is there to parse this gibberish.

Please try to install the usbutils package, or download it from
<http://usb.in.tum.de/download/>.

> And the kernelpanic I have to copy by hand, do I?

If your system hadn't freezed, you could get it from dmesg.

The most interersting thing is the address where it crashed (EIP), but
this won't mean anything without passing it through ksymoops. (If you
don't have ksymoops, try looking in /proc/ksyms for the function
containing the EIP address.)

> I don't have to subscribe to the alsa-dev-list?

If you don't subscrive to alsa-devel, your message will be put into a
queue, and there it will wait to be approved by a moderator.

PS: volunteer for moderating the ALSA mailing lists searched

Regards,
Clemens