Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Some music made with Linux
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 06:11:19 EET

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 19:42, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Nice attitude. While this ethic is understandable it doesn't help
> progressions very much. Maybe now you've had a couple of days to think
> rationally about it you have changed your mind anyway.

I agree Patrick.

Actually, when I made the comment that set Pete off I wasn't making it
to him but rather to the person that wrote the note I responded to. I
happen to like Specimen quite a lot the way it is. IF you have some
samples that don't need any extra processing, like well recorded drum
hits, or the sounds of children playing, or famous people talking, then
I think that Specimen is really great for that sort of stuff. I wasn't
suggesting changing it at all, but clearly it didn't come off that way
to Pete.