Re: [linux-audio-user] ppc audio input..

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ppc audio input..
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 14:32:56 EET

Hi

dmotd wrote:

> run the g3 dual boot with macos9 *shock horror*, and to my surprise
> i have now lost the ability to get any sound input..

this probably won't make you feel any better, but I had a similar
problem with two different Powerbook Pismos [thus proving it to be a
real issue instead of a fluke! ;-) ] also under Gentoo dual booting with
OSX. Output was fine, but input either cut out or was abnormally
amplified, giving lots of "digital dirt" in the input but still not
really letting any other sound through.

Funny thing is that one of the computers has almost *never* booted to
OSX, and the other had this problem before it was even given a chance
to. The second seemed to work fine once in OSX, but I don't know how the
dual-boot affects it on the Linux side before the OSX has even run.
Seems more like a normal driver problem.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 27: