Re: [linux-audio-user] How can i set this up?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How can i set this up?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 14:08:54 EET

Hi,

Zitat von Arnold Krille <arnold_AT_arnoldarts.de>:

> On Tuesday 16 March 2004 12:01, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:
> > Because as stated in the Brutefir docs, you must have the same number of
> > JACK inputs & outputs otherwise an error is produced.
>
> Just try to use jackd in Playback-only mode and you will see that this is
> wrong. I have a soundcard here where I have a stereo-in and a 6-channel out
> and jackd works well with this...

I suppose, Mark is talking about BruteFIR here. It might well be, that Brutefir
does not allow to specify different BruteFIR playback and capture channel
counts. I never used BruteFIR, but it's the same with Pd, which does not
allow this. (It does allow capture- or playback-only.)

All this does not affect Jack itself, of course.

Ciao,

--
Frank Barknecht