Re: [linux-audio-user] regarding SCons

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] regarding SCons
From: luis jure (ljure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 23:56:55 EEST

el Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:45:52 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> escribió:

> I'm happy to see and hear another release of CheeseTracker, but I have
> a couple questions regarding SCons. I'm not opposed to its use, it
> appears to resolve many issues for cross-platform builders, but since it
> is relatively new (and I'm relatively old) I'm a little confused by it.

heh heh, similar feeling here...

> CT and Csound are now the only two apps on my system that use SCons.
> The maintainers of Csound couldn't make the autotools work for
> themselves, so now you must add downloading and installing SCons (and an
> up-to-date Python) to the process of building Csound. Happily, that
> isn't especially difficult, but it does add another layer of complexity
> to the process.

scons was not too problematic to build and install, although a little
confusing at first. but now that it's installed, i've had no luck with
csound5, compilation fails somewhere on the way. what about you, have you
had better luck? or anyone?

BTW, my installation has no man page either.