Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get sound on remote X kde client

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to get sound on remote X kde client
From: Hasse Hagen Johansen (hhj_AT_musikcheck.dk)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 16:49:27 EEST

    Russell> Have been asking on here about some Xvnc stuff myself and
    Russell> not got much help. Either off topic or something more
    Russell> personal like...they all hate me! :))

    Russell> I am not an expert but I don't think any of the standard
    Russell> vnc / rfb client/server solutions will do this. That is
    Russell> if I understand you correctly...You want the sound from
    Russell> the server you remotely log to, to port to the client
    Russell> machine? Even if you could do that, the sound quality
    Russell> would be limited to bandwidth type issues as Tightvnc,
    Russell> Vnc, Xrfb, etc are all optimized to function well over
    Russell> slower connections. I.E. You sound would be poor quality.

    Russell> R~

I think you are looking for something like MAS
(http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net/) and/or NAS
(http://radscan.com/nas.html) I haven't really tried them myself

Regards
Hasse