Re: [linux-audio-user] wav editor that does not require alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] wav editor that does not require alsa
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 00:42:59 EEST

Hello,

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Although the "dividing into tracks" can be difficult with some of
> them. Of above examples only Audacity and Snd have useable multitrack
> features, of course not in a way like Ardour does. For advanced usage
> I'd say, still nothing beats Snd.

I'm not into THIS kind of tracks. No multitrack features needed; plain
stereo.

Just those in the TOC of a CD. If I got that right, I have to just make
track1.wav, track2.wav, etc and then run cdrecord on all of them to put
them onto a CD. (I'll ask in this list if that fails :)

Audacity looks familiar (I used Soundforge some years ago), and seems to
have every feature I need. Some things are unclear so I'll go RTFM.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik