Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site
From: Pete Bessman (ninjadroid_AT_gazuga.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 00:36:28 EEST

At Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:58:10 +0200,
Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Though I'm not conviced at all ;) Editing textarea-fields simply
> sucks. And I'm also saying this as a web developer. Generally
> useability of web forums is really bad, that's my main gripe against
> them. Also I like having the mailing list archives (and my own sent
> mail) on my own hard disk instead of someone else's. grepmail is a
> cool tool and much quicker than most web searches. Also searching
> stuff and participating on lists won't be slowed down when I
> bitttorrent the newest Dynebolic or do similar things.

I think we have a case here where two valid, but different,
definitions of user-friendly are at odds. All of the benefits you
list are things I never have and never will take advantage of.
However, I represent a screaming minority (possibly of one) within the
*nix world, so I just bend over and take it.

-Pete