Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Consortium] Re: [a-users] New Linux forum on Sound on Sound site
From: davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 01:14:57 EEST

Pete,

You're not the only one who prefers forums to mailing lists. I agree with
you on "say stuff and read stuff." I also don't care at all for the
archive software that is used, for example, for this mailing list in
comparison to forum software that I have used. It's one more thing that
makes mailing lists look to me like an anachronism.

It's probably true that we're in a minority, but that may be only because
many people that would have joined a forum won't join mailing lists. I
almost didn't join this one, and every week I reconsider that decision,
especially because I'm not that active as a user of other's software
rather than my own.