RE: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux
From: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 22:15:11 EEST

:} I'm not sure you need to go that far. I do have a copy of Windows on
disk because I do need to run several win programs as well as use my win canopus
stuff. {Infrequently seeing as I've made a pretty concerted effort over the
past months to move stuff to the Main Audio codec. I still have backups in the
codec though.} Converting this all to something that will work with linux
software will be another huge mess. {I should probably move everything to tape
but that means recapturing and recutting and re-organizing 1000s of files.}

 {I'm not looking forward to setting this mess up on another board. Or to the
problems I know are coming with 64 bit hardware.}

 I've not even begun the process of moving audio stuff over. I think it's
probably easier just to start over and use the old rendered audio files. I'm
still trying to figure out what software is going to take over what functions.

 I've done a disappointingly small amount of work over the past few months
seeing as I've had to pay so much attention to security and setting up a stable
system.

 I really love using linux. I sort of wonder what sort of reason the average
windows or mac user has to make the switch. Especially given that many users
have *many* thousands of dollars invested in windows/mac software. {I know I
do.}