Re: [linux-audio-user] SCORE for UNIX/Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SCORE for UNIX/Linux ?
From: luis jure (ljure_AT_multitel.com.uy)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:40:49 EEST

el Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:19:21 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> escribió:

> Does anyone know whether Leland Smith's famous SCORE runs under Linux?

from http://www.scoremus.com/score.html:

SCORE runs in the MS-DOS mode under Windows 95/98/XP or directly in MS-DOS.
[...] SCORE's performance under a LINUX system is unknown.

> I'm not even sure how to go about acquiring SCORE,

the SCORE programs are distributed only as 3.5 floppy disks that must be
ordered by mail (http://www.scoremus.com/ordering.html). they're quite
expensive, too, ranging from us$750 to us$1000 for the whole package
(http://www.scoremus.com/products.html)

dave, good to see you're into music notation. in case you don't know this
page it might be of some interest, it's a list of notation software for
different operating systems http://ace.acadiau.ca/score/others.htm

there's also a pdf (which i haven't read) significantly called "Choosing a
Notation Program(basic introduction about factors to consider)" at
http://kellysmusic.mb.ca/pdf/104.pdf

good luck!!