[linux-audio-user] alsa problem

Subject: [linux-audio-user] alsa problem
From: pepe-e (pepe-e_AT_pepe-e.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 14:14:15 EEST

hi to you all.

could anyone help me with this?

i'm trying to get my tascam us-122 running on slackware.

the lsmod says:

Module Size Used by Not tainted
snd-seq 42384 0 (autoclean)
snd-pcm-oss 39880 0 (unused)
snd-mixer-oss 13912 0 [snd-pcm-oss]
snd-usb-usx2y 14820 0 (unused)
snd-hwdep 5284 0 [snd-usb-usx2y]
snd-usb-audio 51104 0 [snd-usb-usx2y]
snd-pcm 68324 0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-usb-usx2y snd-usb-audio]
snd-timer 17220 0 [snd-seq snd-pcm]
snd-rawmidi 15268 0 [snd-usb-audio]
snd-seq-device 4436 0 [snd-seq snd-rawmidi]
snd 36900 0 [snd-seq snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss
snd-usb-usx2y snd-hwdep snd-usb-audio snd-pcm snd-timer snd-rawmidi
snd-seq-device]
soundcore 4452 0 [snd]
snd-page-alloc 6840 0 [snd-usb-usx2y snd-pcm]
uhci 28316 0 (unused)
usbcore 43108 0 [snd-usb-usx2y snd-usb-audio uhci]

to my limited knowledge it says that the card is installed and up. the
problem is that there is no sound. either does the card show in f ex
xmms options.

alsamixer announces:

alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device

have i missed something during the alsa installation. i'm on slackware
on 2.4.25-kernel which i patched according to the instructions on the
linux audio users guide page. i'd be really grateful if someone could
come with an advice on how to get this working...

my modules.conf:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116
alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-usx2y