Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware
From: robin fell (robin.fell_AT_ntlworld.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 15:40:51 EEST

On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 13:21, tim hall wrote:
> Well, I'm running at 100MHz x 6 right now.
> I take full responsibility for my actions.
> Are there any signs I should watch out for?

if at all possible, you should run memtest86 (or similar) for a few
hours to ensure the memory performance hasn't suffered. i keep a
memtest86 on my grub boot menu at all times.

the poor man's test would be to stress the hell outta your box with lots
of heavy lifting - perhaps recompiling the kernel over, and over, and
over again to see if strange gcc errors occur. such strange errors are
usually an indication of an unhappy cpu or memory.

you'd probably want to shell script the repetition and go out for a few
hours:)

good luck