Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - beware
From: Ryan Underwood (nemesis-lists_AT_icequake.net)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 19:49:43 EEST

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 01:21:01PM +0100, tim hall wrote:

> I'm as sure as can be that the processor is supported at 100 FSB - i.e. this
> is stated quite clearly in the hardcopy manual.

Where? Is there an online copy of this manual?

> Well, I'm running at 100MHz x 6 right now.

But a 600MHz Celeron has a 9x multiplier, and it's locked....

> I think it's probably more a question of me explaining badly. I think I've
> just set it to the maximum I can get with this mobo & processor. The one
> weirdness is that the processor is now being detected as 900MHz, which is not
> true.

I think the processor is being run at 900MHZ because you have set it to
a 100MHz bus. With the locked 9x multiplier, that gives you 900Mhz. If
you don't have proper cooling or your chip isn't up to such
overclocking, that could cause some strange behavior.

Can you paste in your /proc/cpuinfo here?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis_AT_icequake.net>