Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - Coppermining

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CPU clock - Coppermining
From: Ryan Underwood (nemesis-lists_AT_icequake.net)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 05:44:20 EEST

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 01:34:02PM +0100, tim hall wrote:

> AFAICT, so long as I keep it cool enough, it could well be stable at this
> setting.

Just for another data point, I have a 533MHz Coppermine Celeron which
has been running at 800Mhz (100MHz * 8) for over 3 years now. Never
given me a lick of trouble at that speed. I did bump up Vcc by
1/10 of a volt to ward off any potential marginal behavior. Perhaps you
could try the same. I would not recommend more than a .2V increment,
because it starts to be a rather large percentage increase.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis_AT_icequake.net>