Re: [linux-audio-user] Can you help me choose a laptop?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Can you help me choose a laptop?
From: Jonathan Segel (jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 02:21:54 EEST

>Jon B wrote:
>>I am going to buy a new laptop, and I would like suggestions,
>>recommendations, and anti-recommendations. I did check the archives
>>first, and I found similar posts, but they're from 2002.

i'd like to say that i love my little sharp mv12w. it's tiny (12")
and silver and cpu/memory-wise it's like 2/3rds of a computer
(1.13ghz PIII, 768MB ram), but i run planet-ccrma FC1 on it and
everything works- wireless, cd-r, pcmcia, etc. using it with a carbus
rme multiface.
i recently used it in performance a few times running SuperCollider,
Freqtweak and jack rack and it did not complain a bit.
got it as a return/second at circuit city for $800.

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
   jsegel_AT_magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite_AT_yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com