Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 17:14:09 EEST

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 06:38:46 -0700
Mark Knecht <mknecht_AT_controlnet.com> wrote:
> fluxbox for me. (0.9.9 Erik - I have some problems too, but only since
> moving to xorg-x11...)
> ( snip )
> ... I seem to be developing a frustration with Linux window
> managers and menu management. It seems that for fluxbox I have to manage
> my menu using vi.

I'm a happy Fluxbox user, running 0.1.14 on some machines and 0.9.8 on
my studio machine. Since I use hardly any of the features, I haven't
noticed many differences.

Regarding the configuration of the Fluxbox menu, check out FluxConf
at http://devaux.fabien.free.fr/flux/ Depending on your comfort level
with vi and the menu file format, this may or may not be better, but
it's a GUI alternative.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com