Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 19:55:02 EEST

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:33:21 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:52:39PM +0200, Tom wrote:
> > * [Wednesday 11 August 2004 13:46] Erik de Castro Lopo:
> >
> > > Written in C (unlike (flux|black)box which is C++).
> >
> > Why is that an advantage?
> >
> > > I'm going to give that a whirl. If it works, its unlikely that
> > > (flux|black)box will have another outing on any of my machines.
> >
> > True, true. You might have a look at PekWM, too.
>
> yay, it has grouping! (like the tabbed windows in fluxbox.)

Also check out ion for something different (sorry if it's already been
mentioned) http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/ I tried this a few weeks ago,
and it's pretty cool, but it hasn't stuck for me.

I'm a diehard windowmaker user, used it for years and use it at work as well
as home. I did use fluxbox for a few months, might try it out again.

dave