Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer
From: ChristianH (chris_AT_scp.de)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 18:06:53 EEST

Why is it so important to load the firmware?

Do they put in an extra light firmware at the factory, in order to keep
shipping weights low? <gr>

Or is it just that they are actually continuously working on it after
product release? (which may be a good thing - unless a product is rushed
out hastily and then requires fixes to make it work at all...)

Chris

BTW - I found a nice overview at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ ,
comparing lots of cards and their Linux driver situation. That list
appears to be more honest than any hardware sales guy could ever be...

THX for all your replies :-)