Re: [linux-audio-user] Rosegarden MIDI recording

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Rosegarden MIDI recording
From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas (plcl_AT_telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 18:16:42 EEST

On Wednesday 25 August 2004, Michal Seta wrote:
> > I have tried just about any concievable configuration but to no
> > avail. Is there anything special I have to do, other than in 0.9.8
> > (recording worked fine there) to record?
>
> ok, so I recompiled 0.9.8 and eveerything seems to be working for now. I'm
> still willing to give 0.9.9 a go but...

There is a little change between Rosegarden 0.9.8 and 0.9.9 regarding record
devices. In 0.9.8 you could record only from one source, and the subscription
was automatic (although you could change it later) to the first readable ALSA
sequencer port in the system. In 0.9.9 you can record from any number of
devices at a time, but you need to subscribe to them by hand. To do this, go
to the main window menu, select "Composition/Studio/Manage MIDI devices" item
to open the MIDI Manager window, and use the bottom half controls (click over
some checkboxes under the "current" header column) to select the active(s)
MIDI recording devices.

This is a very new feature, and there can be bugs. Rosegarden is now in beta
testing, prior to the 1.0 release and we are very much interested on bug
reports. Please report if this doesn't work to the rosegarden-devel mailing
list. Thanks.

Regards,
Pedro