Re: [linux-audio-user] Midiman Firewire/USB interfaces...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Midiman Firewire/USB interfaces...
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 19:17:03 EEST

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 05:36:35 +0200, Tuncer Jerome wrote:
> Anyone has had experiences with Midiman USB or Firewire interfaces?
>
> I'm particularily interested in Omnistudio (USB) and Audiophile
> (Firewire). But prior to buying, I would like to know if they're known
> to work (well?) under Linux.

The firewire ones aren't supported at all (yet), the USB one is I think,
but you need to load firmware, which is a pain.

My impression (not having tried one of these) is that you are better off
going for a manufacturer that makes class compliant USB devices, or
waiting for firewire support (dont hold your breath!).

- Steve