Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for buying sound gear online

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for buying sound gear online
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 17:45:52 EEST

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 17:56, Glenn McCord wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> As a New Zealander, I'm not privilaged enough to get the prices on audio
> gear that the US citizens do. In fact an M-Audio Delta 1010LT (at the
> current exchange rate) is going to cost twice as much here than from the
> US. Ouch!
>
> Does anyone recommend a website for purchasing recording gear online.
> i.e had positive experiences, good price, service etc.
> I'm looking at getting a mixer and a Delta 1010LT however I noticed some
> sites such as http://www.zzounds.com/ don't ship internationally.
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn

No great ideas Glenn, other than I'd trade living in New Zealand for
being able to buy in the U.S. any day.

One way you *might* go would be to link up with someone you trust, front
them the money for them to buy here and ship to you there. Depending on
what you buy and your risk tolerances maybe that would work for you.

Anyway, whether you're o the South Island or the North Island you live
in one of the coolest places I've ever traveled.

Cheers,
Mark