Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.
From: Chris Lyon (chris.lyon_AT_spritenote.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 14:23:42 EEST

Thanks Mark,
It's really nice of you to take the time to help, in what must be a
fairly frequent occurance.
anyway...

alsaplayer seems like a possible answer.
so typed alsaplayer.... nope su'ed typed alsaplayer nope,
find / -name alsaplayer ... nope...

I've not got alsaplayer :)

goto alsa site download tools/utils
no alsaplayer in there :(

search on web find alsaplayer :)
download .bz2

expand to directory...
cd to directory
type ./configure :)

type make :(

nas.c audio/audiolib.h: No such file directory. :(
I have looked in ALL the alsa download files and this file oesn't appear.
Searching on the web reveals the

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandrake/10.0/contrib/SRPMS/alsaplayer-0.99.76-1mdk.src.html

but this is for mandrake 10.0 and upon attempting to find the
esound-devel component their appears to be no relevent Mandrake
component. Also I do not no the difference between Mandrake & Mandrake
Cooker.

I don't really mind building from the rpm or performing ./configure make
, make install dances but I feel that I am going to end up with a rather
bloated system of slightly incompatable versions if I am not careful.

So how best to proceed?

Chris

ps I got the mouse working on 10.1 which was a bit of a game in
itself.... :)