[linux-audio-user] Midi/USB "control" board question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Midi/USB "control" board question
From: Zachris Trolin (zachris_AT_phreaker.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 19:22:29 EEST

Hello fellow linux audio users :)

I'd like to get suggestions of available and working midi control
boards: interface with faders, knobs, possible vu meters that's suppose
to control computer software. I'm thinking of faders in Ardour, and all
kinds of thinkable applications in pure-data and supercollider.

I've seen the BFC-2000 looks promising but why an USB interface anyway?
How does fader control of Ardour work? In pure data, i can imagine how
it would/should work: just sort out the desirable midi message [ctlin]
and do something with it.

I'm sure there are less expensive options than behringer - any
suggestions both cheep and expensive are welcome.

--
Zachris Trolin <zachris_AT_phreaker.net>