Re: [linux-audio-user] Hi All!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hi All!
From: Kevin Ernste (kevinernste_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 05:20:41 EEST

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:43:03 -0700, Brad Fuller <brad_AT_sonaural.com> wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> Haven't listened to them all, but I enjoyed the Birches clip!
> What did you use --- or actually, what apps _do_ you use?
>
> brad

Thanks Brad -

Birches is a piece I care a lot about, so it's nice to have it singled out.

Apps I used included PVC, CSound (mostly analysis/resythesis stuff and
some granular instruments I built to use with Cecilia), and SMS which
was good for bringing out the airy quality of string/bow noise. For
mixing I was using Rt. My files were processed in advance (no need
for plugins really) and there were hundreds of them, so a scriptable
mixer like Rt was perfect for the job.

Most recently I've been using PD with various JACK apps (JACK-rack,
tapiir, freqtweak, jamin, jackEQ), using PD as the control center for
inter-application processing. I really think JACK is amazing and look
forward to the day when it standardizes as _the_ Linux audio server.

Kevin