Re: [linux-audio-user] hdsp multiface MIDI wont work

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] hdsp multiface MIDI wont work
From: thewade (pdman_AT_aproximation.org)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 19:10:32 EEST

Quoting Janina Sajka <janina_AT_rednote.net>:

> thewade writes:
> > I was wondering if anyone could help me to get the midi working
> > on my hammerfall multiface, at least with PD.
> > My laptop\'s description, along with .config file, can be found at:
> > http://www.aproximation.org/application/AMD64laptop.html
> > 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 kernel
> > AMD64 laptop
> >
> I am also unable to get my Multiface working on an Opteron system using
> the PCI card as the interface to the Multiface. I have tried several
> kernels, and several alsa builds. I\'m currently using a kernel from the
> Fedora 3 test series, 2.6.9-1.640, and alsa 1.0.7RC2, including
> alsa-firmware and hdsploader.

My multiface AUDIO works (save for hdspmixer not displaying, but unmuting),
Just not MIDI. For info on getting the audio to work checkout my page
above for tips on kernel building.
Im running with a 2.66 ms latency! (but with other problems as well...)

> Furthermore, if I stop alsa and run hdsploader by hand, I get a kernel
> oops and the system, which is otherwise very stable, becomes unstable
> and requires a reboot.

You can only load the firmware once. If you try to load firmware for the
multiface after its already been loaded bad things happen.
Takashi Iwai fixed my multiface/cardbus and now < 2.6.9-rc3 should contain
that fix...

Good Luck!
-thewade