Re: [linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 08:30:13 EET

millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA wrote:
> How do you get Libsamplerate support for ecasound?
> Is there some program that has to be installed or
> is this a configuration issue?
> I notice that when I do ./configure
> while installing ecasound it ends with a list
> and this list says that there is no Libsamplerate
> support. I have no idea what it means, but
> it must be important or it wouldn't be on the list,
> right? Anyone know how I get Libsamplerate
> support active?

OK, the insulting question first... is libsamplerate installed? Usually
when configuring a program, it looks for the depenency and if it doesn't
find it it will not configure support for it.

If Libsamplerate is installed, do you also have Libsamplerate-devel
installed? I'm not sure if it's nessesay in this case, but sometimes a
program says you need "libwizbang" and you also need "libwizbang-devel"

Rocco