Re: [linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 08:21:58 EET

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:56:18 -0600
ed orphan <millward_AT_Ms.UManitoba.CA> wrote:

> How do you get Libsamplerate support for ecasound?
> Is there some program that has to be installed or
> is this a configuration issue?
> I notice that when I do ./configure
> while installing ecasound it ends with a list
> and this list says that there is no Libsamplerate
> support. I have no idea what it means, but
> it must be important or it wouldn't be on the list,
> right? Anyone know how I get Libsamplerate
> support active?

Did you install libsamplerate from source or did it come with your
distro?

If you installed it from source it probably ended up in /usr/local/lib
and you probably have not set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.
If this is the case then:

     pkg-config --cflags samplerate

will complain, but:

     PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig pkg-config --cflags samplerate

will work. In other words, you need to do

     export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

before you do a configure in the ecasound directory.

HTH,
Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"The growing and dangerous intrusion of this new technology,
threatens an entire industry's economic vitality and future
security." -- Jack Valenti (MPAA president) on the video
cassette recorder, 1982.
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"There is no reason why anyone would want a computer in their home"
Ken Olson, DEC, 1977