Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] more music with Ardour

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] more music with Ardour
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 05:39:12 EET

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:35 +0100, Jeffrey Gonzales wrote:
> I think it's a brilliant idea.
> It's really good to be able to share the music we make with each other.

Fine. Only because everyone else is doing it!

All recorded with audacity and an M-Audio Quattro on Mandrakelinux.
Usually no sequencing, but if so, done with muse and rendered with
timidity. Usually no mastering, but if so, done with jamin. Usually no
effects, but if so, done with ladspa and mcp-plugins.

Glassy (most interesting, and captures that happiness in sadness thing
I'm always going for):
http://groundstate.ca/bulk/glassy2.mp3

One Percent (soon to appear on a hush-hush super-secret linux-only CD
coming soon to an e-store near you):
http://groundstate.ca/bulk/One%20Percent.mp3

The Dampness (rough demo; comments welcome -- other than "sing in tune,
jerk")
http://groundstate.ca/bulk/The%20Dampness.mp3

Apathetic (again a demo... supposed to be for a band I was in):
http://groundstate.ca/bulk/apathetic.mp3

and of course, Two Point Six (I went to France this summer, and everyone
I met was like, "hey, you're that two-point-six guy!")
http://groundstate.ca/bulk/twopointsix.ogg

Like most others here, I originally backed away from posting this stuff,
and though others should do the same... yet I found the others' posts
and songs entertaining, inspiring, and most of all, different from what
I'd hear otherwise. Keep up the good work.

Austin