Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheesetracker (or any other tracker) tempo questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Cheesetracker (or any other tracker) tempo questions
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 20:56:44 EET

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 09:44 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> In Acid you can choose any loop you want as a starting point, paint
> it in for a number of measures and then set the tempo that you want
> the song to run at. Acid takes responsibility for resampling the loop
> behind the scenes so that the loop plays right. (I.e. - starts and
> ends on the beat.
>
> How do we do this in Cheesetracker?

I think a few people have proposed a generalized loop stretching/beat
matching library. Not sure if it exists yet. This seems to be an area
where proprietary software is a little ahead.

FWIW a friend of mine met the guy who wrote Ableton Live. He said the
beat matching code took him about three months to write.

Lee