[Fwd: Re: [linux-audio-user] Preach it! [was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Behringer etc.]]

Subject: [Fwd: Re: [linux-audio-user] Preach it! [was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Behringer etc.]]
From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer_AT_fast.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 20:45:00 EET

Marek,

You (and others, you're not alone) would save us (readers) a lot of time
if you would try some major trimming of posts to which you respond. The
original post I'm concerned with is attached. Here is how I would trim
it. If anybody needs more information it is in the previous posts.

Well, actually, I wasn't sure specifically what to leave in the original
post (the one you replied to) as I wasn't sure exactly what you were
responding to. So, I assumed your response was somewhat general and
just left the last few paragraphs of the previous post.

Trimming, or better, aggressive trimming, helps us all save time.

regards,
Randy Kramer

PS: Copying to the list for the edification of all -- if the shoe fits

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:20, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 03:17, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > FYI - There are 48700 registered users of the DigiDesign forums...
>
> So how big would the number of sold units be? I believe that a *lot* of
> those customers had at least one problem, registered and asked on their
> forums. Dobule or triple the number.
>
> The samller card manufacturers usually deal with smaller numbers.
>
> 1000 and growing is a very interesting number to me.
> *sigh* Wish i was a card manufacturer.

BTW, let's compare:

Digi002 fw interface 8 analog i/o
ProTools recording sw, plugin bundle, and perhaps other software tools
1199euro

Fireface, 10 analog i/o
no software (usually worth another 1000 euro)
1300euro

No wonder there's 50.000 users on their forums.

Marek

attached mail follows: