Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 21:43:19 EET

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:09, tim hall wrote:
> Last Tuesday 30 November 2004 12:22, Marek Peteraj was like:
> > Perhaps if a qualified majority on these lists said, we do not wish
> > further action and respect the companies for not providing specs. :)
>
> No, we'd all like to be able to use firewire hw with linux.

Seems like it's not going to happen. Except egosys.

> This is just a discussion on strategy, which isn't going anywhere.
>
> > You guys think i'm a fool, but i'm a believer.
>
> No, we think you're a zealot when really you're a sensitive muso.
> Persist with Polite Positive Pressure please.

We did this before. I've done this personally (korg). I know what i'm
talking about. It's just begging, mortifying. Dear sir, now that I and
perhaps 200 other customers have paid for your product, would you be so
kind to at least provide some specs pleeeeasssse so that we can use it
with our OS of choice? Thank you in advance, thank you. Repeat that 2
years, over and over again, each week perhaps. No.

Marek