RE: [linux-audio-user] newbie trying to record

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] newbie trying to record
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 20:20:10 EET

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 00:01 -0600, Reuben Martin wrote:
> Beyond that I can't help you much. SB cards are an absolute nightmare.
> Perhaps somebody else on this list who has a SB card can offer more
> help. The Alsa Wiki can sometimes help.

This is a well known problem. The emu10k1 needs an hwdep mixer app,
like on Windows. It's just too complex for a generic mixer API.

We get a lot of complaints about the mixer but not a lot of suggestions
to improve it. A good way to start it to open an ALSA bug report like
"emu10k1: mixer sux0r" and suggest how we could improve it.

Lee