[linux-audio-user] Strict Red Book

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Strict Red Book
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 00:07:22 EET

I'm trying to burn some audio CD's and I always run into the problem that there are some CD players that just don't want to play the CDs that come out of my burner. I'm burning them in raw on a Plextor drive, so it _shouldn't_ be having problems. Apparently the CD's are not strictly compliant with Red Book specs though. (from the documentation CDrecord uses CD-DA rather than Red Book, I'm not quite sure what the differences are)

This is quite annoying when I give people a CD and it turns out their palyer can't handle it. (Once there was even a CD-ROM drive that wouldn't play it!) Does anybody know of any solutions for this?

-Reuben