Re: [linux-audio-user] (OSS vs. RME) vs. (OSS + RME) [slightly OT]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (OSS vs. RME) vs. (OSS + RME) [slightly OT]
From: Hannu Savolainen (hannu_AT_opensound.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 20:40:31 EET

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> But it seems ridiculous to me that a typical company isn't tracking
> every opportunity to generate revenue.
It would be very interesting to know how many members of this list can
commit to buy a RME Fireface 800 unit if RME or anybody else makes a
Linux driver for it. Don't forget that it's price tag is almost $1800. It
doesn't make much sense to have this kind of unit unless you really need
28 inputs and 28 outputs at the same time.

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu_AT_opensound.com)
http://www.opensound.com (Open Sound System (OSS))
http://www.compusonic.fi (Finnish OSS pages)
OH2GLH QTH: Karkkila, Finland LOC: KP20CM