Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] 2.6.10

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] 2.6.10
From: Rui Nuno Capela (rncbc_AT_rncbc.org)
Date: Fri Dec 31 2004 - 01:56:10 EET

Russell Hanaghan writes:

>>Something worth telling, in deed: my laptop's Mandrake 10.1
>>
> A question here about Mdk 10.1 {a tad OT}...
> I'm under the impression that there are issues preventing the use of
> newer 2.6 kernels with 10.1 because they break stuff. It seems not as
> you are using this kernel.

Guess what? I do run my "own" kernels since 2.6 appeared on the radar.
Even since Mdk 9.1 IIRC. Never used the Mdk supplied ones, unless during
installation/upgrade process, where you have no choice ;). Oh, and this
"attitude" of mine also applies to jackd: I do my own jackd builds. Dunno
why, but Thacs jackit(-realtime) rpms never ran quite to my satisfaction,
whether the underlying kernel is wired for
multimedia-realtime-low-latency-whatever or not. Poor me, I guess :)

Its true that I had completely trashed my laptop several times in a row,
and that surely will happen again, but blessing my DBA education, I always
do and keep sane backups ;)

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela