Re: [linux-audio-user] Does someone sucessfuly enable sis7012's midi port?

From: 高生旺 <coscell@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 10:55:53 EET

I did it as you mentioned, but When playmidi, it still have no sound
output.
Then I installed OSS/Linux 3.99.1i driver, when dmesg it says:
"oss: Probing the hardware for MPU-401 (UART) failed."
Which item in the bios setup configuration present the irq?
>From clemens@email-addr-hidden Fri Dec 3 22:17:24 2004
SiS chipsets don't have MIDI support, but the LPC I/O controller has a
MPU-401 compatible MIDI port.

Use the snd-mpu401 driver, and specify the port address and interrupt
that you've configured in the BIOS setup.

The entries in your modules.conf/modprobe.conf shoud look like this:

alias snd-card-0 i810_audio
alias snd-card-1 mpu401
options i810_audio index=0
options mpu401 index=1 port=0x330 irq=5