Re: [linux-audio-user] LAU podcasting

From: Greg Wilder <greg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 20:51:29 EET

On Thursday 27 January 2005 01:00 pm, omjn wrote:
> hi Greg,
>
> I see your point about a plethora of unlistenable content spewing
> forth. Nonetheless, for me that's the attraction of the medium - that
> is, it's kind of an everyperson's broadcasting medium with low point of
> entry. I appreciate the point of view of the person next door, even if
> it's not always very polished. Don't get me wrong, a community oriented
> pro-level approach is definitely a good idea (the idea of any community
> speaking as one is inspirational in many ways), just that I also think
> there is space for the personalised stories that make the medium diverse
> and essentially this seems to be what differentiates podcasting from
> being just another big broadcasting avenue. Plus it seems interesting
> to find out what individuals can do in their home studios as well as
> what large production oriented studio processes can achieve.

Agreed - in fact - that's the essence of what makes the medium so interesting.
But I think we're trying to offer help in a very specific way - providing the
LAU community with another set of outlets (and inlets for that matter...) for
the sharing of knowledge and experience. This approach represents just one
of the many ways this goal might be met.

> Another reason for going it alone for me personally is the medium looks
> ideal for some plans I already had for my postgrad work, so it's not too
> much effort to get up and running quite quickly. Since it's fairly easy
> to integrate it into my already existing wordpress blog installation,
> I'll probably focus my efforts there for now. Nothing too fancy, but
> yes, something with segments and probably not entirely dedicated to gear
> or tech talk either: I'll do what I can just to see what I can do...
> I'm sure there's enough room for both our approaches though, and I'd be
> more than willing if I have time to contribute to any community
> developped effort. I think I need to first find out though, if I have
> anything to say that the community wants to hear!

Looking forward to it - keep us posted...

Greg Wilder
www.gregwilder.com