[linux-audio-user] Re: Decent reverb

From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 17:44:24 EET

Hello.

Convolution reverb might not be a best approach.
The impulses I have seen (including at Noisevault) are
puzzling. One impulse has square wave impulses. Another
has exp decaying step impulse. Third has something close to
sinc impulse. What is the "correct" impulse type? How the
reverberations differ in the above examples if all have
sampled the same device?

Worse: The big Eventide impulse response archive at Noisevault
has a sample with good impulses in left channel but fuzzy
impulses in the right channel.

 -*-

I will code Dattorro's plate reverb first, because it is close to
Lexicon plates. I have coded it already but controls are missing.
I'm sure it can be already found as a plugin written by somebody
else (google it) but I will spend time in matching the response
with Lexicon plate responses found at Noisevault.

One of Creative's reverb (the one described in DAFX 2000) is
similar to the plate reverb. I will write that kind of plate
reverb as well.

Juhana