Re: [linux-audio-user] SoundBlaster Live

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 01:26:59 EET

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 00:06 +0100, tommy wrote:
> you may also look at http://www.alsa-project.org/~james/alsa-driver/
> and wait for lee revell.

<rant>

Please, please, file a Fedora bug report. We are really being inundated
with support requests from FC3 users whose sound doesn't work for a
variety of stupid reasons. This is 2005, inexperienced Linux users
should not still have to be building drivers from source to get their
sound to work. I guarantee you if Red Hat made the user experience vis
a vis sound a priority then these problems would magically go away
overnight. For example I can't remember the last time a SuSE user
showed up on LAU with inexplicably non working sound.

</rant>

On a more useful note maybe you can get newer ALSA RPMS from rawhide or
something. You do need the ca0106 driver for the 24 bit SB live.

Lee