Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio cards, XLR inputs question

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 02:16:11 EET

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 17:11, Phil Sexton wrote:
> Hi listmembers,
>
> Looking over the info here:
> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/
>
> It looks as if the Delta 1010LT has 2 XLR inputs, whereas the Delta 1010
> only has 1/4" jacks.
>
> http://www.m-audio.com/images/en/callouts/big/delta_1010.jpg
>
> I have 1" condenser mics (AKG 3000B) which require phantom power. I
> assume neither card provides it.

    Correct. This is one of the reasons that I purchased an ST Audio
DSP2000 C-Port (same chipset as the Delta cards). The DSP2000 C-Port
has a pair of phantom powered XLR connectors with gain controls on the
front of the unit. Of course the other inputs are unbalanced consumer
level. There are always trade offs. Since buying the unit I've
purchased a number of tube mic preamps and compressors. If you plan on
doing this you might not need the mic preamps built in to the unit.
I've been very happy with the DSP2000 though.

Jan