Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio cards, XLR inputs question

From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 03:41:34 EET

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 19:42, Joseph Dell'Orfano wrote:
> Phil,
>
> The 1010LT has 2 balanced XLR inputs and the remainder are unbalanced. I
> have this one and it is great for what I need. I have a stereo preamp
> hooked into the XLR inputs.
>
> The 1010 appears to have 8 balanced in/out using TRS connectors instead
> of XLR inputs. I understand that this is a very nice board. Both cards
> are well supported with ALSA.
>
> Good luck. Please post some recordings!!

Got real player?

http://naomisfancy.virtualave.net/1stcd.html

This was a quick and dirty recording with crappy mics (Shure 58? He was
in a rock and roll band and didn't consult me before buying mics) and a
little clipping. It was done under the popular OS and CoolEdit96 and a
SBLive card.

After I got my mikes, my son recorded and produced the samples found
here and he used Cakewalk Music Creator 2003 and the SBLive soundcard.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/naomisfancy

Curently, I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in the Linux box until I can
afford the M-Audio board.

The Behringer has 2 1/4" unbalanced outputs, so I was considering the
1010 with the breakout box in order to get the audio stuff outside the
noise in the computer. I hope it will kick MSFT in the buttocks when I
get it going.

--
Phil
Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy