[linux-audio-user] persistent emu10k1 capture channels problem

From: Rick Wright <riwright@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 07 2005 - 23:06:24 EET

First, I want to appologize for starting a new thread. I receive list
posts in "digest-mode" and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to
reply to an individual message to continue a thread. Instructions on
how to do this would be appreciated. (I also appologize if my attempts
lead to multiple posts of this content!...moderators feel free to
restructure/delete as needed.)

Now back to it:

Thanks for the pointers, Shayne, Lee.

I am still unable to get more than 2 capture channels. I've set the
"interface", "input device", & "output device" as described by Shayne.
I also renamed my .asoundrc file to .asoundrc.bak (this will prevent it
from being used, right?). This configuration gives me 2 capture and 16
playback channels. Further, it only works if I set the number of input
channels to 0 or 2 and the number of output channels to 0 or 16.
Otherwise, I get an error: ALSA cannot set channel count to X for
capture/playback.... Now, I have also just updated qjackctl to 0.2.15
and am getting the same behavior. BTW, I am only trying to use Audio
channels, no MIDI.

Any other ideas? Is this still an issue with the driver or my
configuration? I ask because the configuration seems so
straightforward. BTW, I am using ALSA-1.0.8 patched with Lee's
multichannel-v008 patch and jack is recent from cvs (0.99.49).

Another question: What output connectors/jacks do all 16 output channels
map to on my card/external connector box? I have experimented and it
seems that playback_11-_16 are unused for me. Is this correct? The
first 10 are mixed between analog/digital outputs. However, there is a
unique set of 6 specific playback channels that give me 6 analog output
streams that I can use for 5.1 sound, which is what I want.

Thanks guys.
-Rick