rosegarden (was Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input)

From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 10:07:24 EET

Rosegarden just doesn't seem to be working for me. The keyboard
connection is initialized according to configuration panel-> midi
stats. I can load a midi and play it to the keyboard using rosegarden.

But for one thing there are no instruments to choose from. Both right
click on a track and going to find 'instrument' in the menus yeilds a
blank menu.

Second, the "midi connection manager" is not working as described. I
can create new devices in both play and record but I cannot connect them
to the soundcard connection to my keyboard. The choice is in the
dropdown, but when I click on it the "No Connection" item remains selected.

When I try to record I get a "No record instrument selected." I think
it wants me to select a non-existant instrument?

What am I missing?

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people - and neither do we.