Re: rosegarden (was Re: [linux-audio-user] midi input)

From: Noah Roberts <nroberts@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 21:13:57 EET

tim hall wrote:

> Uhm, Instruments?
>
>(just a thought ;-)
>
>Rosegarden doesn't actually contain any instruments as such.

I figured as much...

> If your version
>is compiled with DSSI support, you will be able to use synth plugins. Else
>you need to connect to a softsynth via JACK. I generally launch QJackCtl and
>QSynth (fluidsynth gui) and then Rosegarden.

I have a real synth, do I need a softsynth?

>I trust you are already familiar with these:
>http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/resources/faq/
>http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/using-rosegarden/en/chapter-0.html
>(there is a German translation too)

Those seem to describe if you don't have a real midi device. I do so I
figured it would work.

However I did just notice this in sndstat:
Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG

Midi devices:
0: ES1371

Maybe I need to fix something in kernel...