Re: [linux-audio-user] usb-asx2y on amd64 again

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 10:10:04 EET

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 09:21:24AM +1000, Mark Constable wrote:

> Thanks but I'm not sure that is going to help me all that
> much because it looks like it specifically searches thru
> the Finnish Google site...
>
> http://www.google.fi/search?q=site%3Alalists.stanford.edu+usb-asx2y
>
> This is kinda scary for a monolingual English speaking
> kinda person.

I can imagine that :-)

Quick way to resolve the problem:

change
http://www.google.fi/search?q=site%3Alalists.stanford.edu+usb-asx2y
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alalists.stanford.edu+usb-asx2y

Persistent way:
It seems that you're coming from "down under" and that Google
misinterprets your language settings as being Finnish. It's probably
something with your browser. If you're using firefox, do like this and
it will probably fix it:

in the URL-window put in:
about:config

go down to intl.accept_languages
right click on it and modify it to your needs

if you don't have it just right click some were and put in a new
string with the name "intl.accept_languages". And then put in
"en-us, en"
as the string value. Probably you have to restart it as well.

/bengan