[linux-audio-user] PD and OSC

From: Spencer Russell <Spencer.Russell@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 06:02:42 EET

I've been invited to play with a 4-person laptop ensemble, and
we're planning on setting up an ad-hoc wifi network between the
computers and using OSC to send control messages between the
computers, so that we can interact with eachothers patches.
I think that everyone else is using Max/MSP and supercollider on
powerbooks, and I'm going to be using my linux laptop with PD. I
finally got the OSC external for PD installed(which was a pain
until I just found a .deb package of it), but I can't find any
documentation on how to use it. Has anyone used OSC in PD? I
can't figure out how to tell it where to send the info, and if
attach a number box to the input of "sendOSC", it gives me
"error: sendOSC: no method for 'float'" every time I change the
number.

Thanks a lot!
-spencer