Re: [linux-audio-user] question for Delta 1010 users

From: Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2005 - 05:43:35 EET

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 13:10 -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:

> Today i powered up the system and the LED on the 1010 didn't light up. I
> pulled the 9 VAC cord out then plugged it in and the LED lighted up.
> <sigh> I guess I'll send it back for a replacement.

Ok, i pulled it out and re-packaged it for return to the store. Then I
plugged the studio monitors into the on-board sound card (a regular AC97
thing). OMG! The on-board card sounds like crap, by comparison with the
1010! It's flat, harsh, muffled and... um... lifeless, sort of.
I guess the average listener wouldn't perceive the difference (or care
about it) but for critical listening, it's like night and day. I didn't
even had to A/B it with the 1010, it was clear from the beginning.

I'm anxiously waiting for a replacement for my 1010... :-/

--
Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/